Dorothy Mae Meyers was born on March 18, 1926, in the town of Sycamore, South Carolina. Her father was James Mayer, and her mother was Janie Cooper. When she was born, he parents were 27 and 28. She had 1 older brother, 2 younger brothers and 1 younger sister. 2 of her brothers died at the ages of 1 and 7. When World War II ended in 1945, she married Sgt. Charles M. Green. They had 2 children, Charlene in 1947, and Charles Jr. in 1950.
She was a loving, caring woman, who was more than a mother to Grandpa. Grandpa stated that when anything went wrong in his life, Dorothy was always there to cheer him up by resting her head on his shoulders telling him that "everything's going to turn out alright". While she was hospitalised, she frequently called Grandpa to come and visit her any time of the day.
Dorothy was diagnosed with colon cancer on Thanksgiving Day 1999. She went to hospital, where she had a heart attack a week before Christmas. On Christmas evening, she called Grandpa for the very final time, her last words being: Charlie, I just want you to know I love you. She died at 6:00 AM on Christmas morning 1999. When the death was announced, Grandpa and the family took down their Christmas Tree to symbolize their grief. Grandpa was very devastated that he couldn't afford a funeral at the time, so she was cremated; however later on, Grandpa was able to bury her.
- KIDBEHINDACAMERA EXPOSED! (Mentioned)
- Y2K PRANK! (Mentioned)
- WALTER SCOTT SHOOTING FREAK OUT! (Mentioned)
- Her death and his father's paralysis caused Angry Grandpa to start developing animosity towards Christmas and Thanksgiving, as mentioned in "The Reason Angry Grandpa Hates Christmas" This also explains why Grandpa's anger is worse around the holidays.
- Every time Michael and his siblings visited her, she made them watch Princess Diana's Funeral
- Michael says that he had a strained relationship with her
- She had at least 10 grandchildren.
- When she died, Michael didn't go to her funeral because he wanted to play his new video game that he got for Christmas. Michael no longer accepts Christmas presents because he feels bad about not going to her funeral.
- When a young Michael was knocked unconscious one time at school, she came to pick him up, and was apparently really angry at Michael. Angry Grandpa was following them in his van, and decided they should go and get supper. This plan never happened because Michael threw up in her car. Michael said that she then called him a "nasty little creature."
- If her son didn't call her in a while, she would say to him "You know one day you're gonna dial that phone and I ain't going to answer!" meaning that he should call her while she is alive.
- Dorothy was 21 years old when she and Charles had Charlene. Also, Dorothy was 24 years old when she and Charles had Charles Jr (Angry Grandpa).
- Her father, James Mayer, was born on Christmas day 1899. Dorothy died on Christmas day 1999. Therefore, Dorothy died on what would have been her father's 100th birthday.