Charlie was estranged from his family for a number of years. In 2015, he began to mend his relationship with his family, and moved in with his father, Angry Grandpa. In the past he had suffered from drug and alcohol problems, including a 2014 arrest for marijuana possession and a hit-and-run, but claimed he was a new person now. In June 2017 on Michael's Birthday, it was discovered by Michael and Grandpa that Charlie had given alcohol and weed to his 9 year old nephew, Jacob. As a result, Charlie was kicked out, but moved into Michael and Bridgette's pool house.
Whilst living with Grandpa, Charlie started a YouTube Channel, "Charlie Chill." Once it reached 100,000 subscribers in June 2017, the power reportedly went to his head, and he began comparing himself to Kurt Cobain and saying that he has his subscribers eating out of the palm of his hand.
On June 29th, 2017, Charlie posted several pornographic videos on his YouTube channel and posted several bizarre Facebook updates within a few hours. While many people assumed that his social media had been hacked, Michael received a call from a friend who was with Charlie at the pool house. The friend claimed that Charlie was walking around naked and acting bizarre. Michael then returned home to find the pool house destroyed and discovered that Charlie was drunk and high on LSD. Charlie was seen running around the yard naked. When Michael approached him, Charlie began screaming in his face and threatening to attack him. Michael and Bridgette ran into their house and called Kim, who called the police. Somewhere in the time he was intoxicated, he burned his finger severely. When the police arrived, Charlie, in his intoxicated state, believed them to be a popular YouTuber named Hagyrants, with whom he was feuding with at the time. According to Michael, Charlie then began shouting "I know you're Hagyrants! I know it's you Hagy!". Charlie was then hospitalized for a severe finger injury and a brief mental evaluation. Michael hoped he would return sober so they could discuss what had happened.
Later that day, When Michael was editing a vlog discussing this, He heard a loud noise and discovered that Charlie left the hospital and returned to Michael and Bridgette's house supposedly still high and drunk. He found Bridgette in the pool house with Doug. and assaulted her - punching her twice in the face. Michael saw this from the house and ran to beat Charlie up. Charlie, however, threatened Michael with a shard of broken glass, and so Michael returned to the house with Bridgette to call the police. Charlie began screaming accusations and lies into Bridgette's phone - believing she was recording - such as Michael had sex with Bella, Bridgette had sex with her cousin and was a lesbian, and Angry Grandpa was molesting his grandsons.
Charlie tried to tell the police that Michael had destroyed the pool house, but they were the same police who had witnessed Charlie do it earlier. Charlie was then promptly arrested. Michael has said that he will not be bailing Charlie out, but is instead "pressing any charges he can".
Michael has stated that Charlie will never be in another video again on his or angry grandpa's vlog channels, and that he is going to be officially cut out of his life for good. Michael also clearly states that he does not wish to see or talk to, or mention Charlie ever again and that Charlie will be banned from all family events and gatherings for life as well as setting foot on Michael's lawn of the house as well as he father's house (Angry Grandpa). As a result of his accusations, Angry Grandpa will eventually be investigated for the claims of child abuse Michael and Bridgette and Angry Grandpa and his sister's will call him B and C or Bro
Due to rumors on twitter its said that Charlie will officially be disowned and dead to the "Green" family name. however, Michael confirms that he and his family are not going to talk about Charlie until further notice, but Angry Grandpa states his facts on lives stream. Michael clearly states that he and Charlie are no longer brothers and will pretend that he doesn't exist after the court date by having nothing to do with him. Michael states that he will forever hate Charlie passionately and will never forgive him and that he will call the police if he's ever spotted in his eyesight again.
Charlie has currently lost almost 20,000 subscribers, this number increased rapidly.
At about 6:00 P.M. EST on June 30th 2017 Charlie has posted an apology video on his Youtube Channel apologizing to 'everyone' and stated that he deserved this. Meaning he screwed up and now must live with the consequences of being officially disowned by his family and dead to the Green family name.
His apology video has received more negative vibes on the thumbs down than receiving positive vibes plus negative feedback and death threats to his vlog as his fans assume he doesn't believe his own excuses and is lying his apology to everyone including his family which makes it more impossible for everyone to believe him. As of now Charlie's subscribers on YouTube continues, to decrease rapidly.
He also lied on his video and stated that he didn't hit Bridgette at all but the black eye on her face is clearly noticeable which proves that Charlie lied about the fact of not hitting her.
Angry Grandpa states on his live stream that he was scared of him. He also stated Charlie tries again to stay at his house but Angry Grandpa rejected that offer so his daughter Jennifer, Doug West and Charlie's former friend Chris (known as Twistedchris) sent him up North to North Charleston to live there until his court date approaches. His friends have forsaken him due the the threats he said unto them. Angry Grandpa is yet still worried about Charlie while Michael continues work on moving forward in life by claiming that he has no brother.
Since Charlie's incident with the family, there have been vlogs posted on YouTube constantly about Charlie by most popular and unpopular YouTubers who stated their own beliefs of Charlie showing his true horrible colors. Some vloggers have also brought up his past history and what bad he has done for the family showing how much of a disgrace he is to his fans and the family. The Vloggers who lost all respect have also gave him negative feedback on his fake apology vlog he posted.
On July 1st 2017, Kim Pratt posted on Facebook that when she was a child, one of Charlie's friends Mike Luallen attempted to rape her as Charlie held her down but it failed when it "wouldn't fit" according to Kim's post. Kim stated that she thought she was in the wrong as a child but later discovered the truth as an adult. Kim also stated she felt wrong for not saying anything sooner. Michael and Bridgette were both shocked by the post as indicated by tweets by both of their accounts. Michael immediately sympathized with his sister, utterly disgusted by his brother. Bridgette also sympathized, appearing shocked by the post as well. Michael stated that Angry Grandpa broke down upon reading Kim's post. Charlie indirectly admitted to it in the comments by indirectly implying that she wanted it.
As of July 1st, it's been officially stated by Michael and Angry Grandpa (on Michael's Vlog) that Charlie is officially disowned and is permanently dead to the Green family name and that no one in the family wants anything to do with him ever again due to his crimes and sins towards the family.
Post LSD Incident (June 30th, 2017 - Present)
- His YouTube channel, Charlie Chill, ended up losing at least 25,000 subscribers within a few days.
- Charlie uploaded an apology video on his channel. The video gained a negative reception with people saying that the apology was forced.
- Most of Charlie's videos uploaded on his channel after June 29th, 2017 has more dislikes than likes.
- Numerous YouTubers, including DramaAlert, made videos about the incident.
- On July 1st, 2017, Micheal revealed that he and Bridgette let Charlie check into an Extended Stay hotel.
- On that same day, Kim made her post about Charlie and his friend supposedly trying to rape her. Upon finding this out, Michael, Bridgette, Jennifer, Kim, and Angry Grandpa all agreed that Charlie was officially disowned from the Green family. Micheal also said that Charlie would no longer come to family gatherings, holidays, important events and more.
- On July 2nd, 2017, Charlie was interviewed by DramaAlert. He claimed that he never hit Bridgette. He also claimed his nephews found the substances in his room, claiming he never had a hand in giving them the drugs and alcohol to begin with.
- On July 6th, 2017, Isaac (a close friend of Michael's) went down to Charlie's hotel to confront him about the threats Charlie made to Isaac's family. Charlie called the cops.
- On July 7th, 2017, Charlie checked into rehab, he said he'd be back within 45 days.
- On August 8th, 2017, Charlie apparently checked out of rehab.
- The next day, he showed us his certificate and white chip of completion proving he did go to rehab. And revealed who he was living with.
- On August 14th, 2017, Charlie and Michael get back in touch, and Charlie makes a more formal apology video, to his fans, Michael, Isaac and he finally admitted that he hit Bridgette.
- On August 15th, 2017, Michael and Bridgette dropped charges, deciding not to deal with the situation any longer.
- On August 17th, 2017, Charlie posted a video with Michael, showing that the two were back on better terms.
- On September 24th, 2017, Charlie started a huge attack rant on Twitter to Isaac. He stated that he'd rape his dead grandmother and other malicious things. He made two Twitter videos and a YouTube video giving Isaac permission to come to "Charlie's house". All this lead to his YouTube channel receiving a second strike and a ban on Twitter. It's assumed he was drunk.
- Much later, the person Charlie was living with released videos of Charlie threatening to rape Isaac's wife and kids, and saying that he would go to his fathers grave and shit on it. This all occurred on Sep. 24th. Soon after this event, Michael cut all ties with Charlie and changed his number.
- October 5th, 2017, Charlie's roommate revealed that Charlie has been kicked out. She also revealed lots about Charlie stating this his drinking began (again) during the Mayweather fight, and that she was blackmailed by Charlie, threatening to reveal that they slept together, despite her being married.
- By the second week of October, Charlie was homeless and sleeping in a tent.
- On October 12th, 2017, Charlie relocated to Florida.
- On October 14th, 2017, Charlie made an attack on Michael, stating how Michael never told Isaac to stop making videos exposing Charlie, saying how "money doesn't buy love".
- On October 29th, four months after the LSD incident, Charlie's channel had porn uploaded to it again, and his header name changed from Charlie Chill to "Child Molester". This would lead to a third channel strike, making his channel terminated.
- The next day, Charlie would create another channel called "Charlie Again" (later renamed to Charlie Travels).
- Around October 31st - November 2nd, Charlie would make attacks on Michael and Angry Grandpa (despite Grandpa being in the hospital) saying how Michael was selfish for not inviting him to say goodbye to his father. Michael explained on Twitter and YouTube that what Charlie was saying was completely false. Michael claimed that he called Kim first, then had a third party reach out to Charlie to have him say goodbye. Angry Grandpa reportedly told Kim to not have Charlie come to see him.
- On November 3rd, Tina made a video to Charlie, stating that a friend of hers can get Charlie down there to say his goodbyes to Angry Grandpa in case that it is the end. Tina didn't like the idea, but felt it would've haunted Charlie for life if he couldn't do so.
- The same day, Charlie stated he made it back to South Carolina. He called Angry Grandpa, and Angry Grandpa reportedly stated "I love you, you do you, live your life, but I don't want you here". Later that day, Charlie posted on Facebook stating that he "wishes his dad would die already".
- On November 4th, Isaac went down to South Carolina to help Michael and the family. Charlie apparently found out and made more threats to Isaac. Isaac showed up and went face-to-face with Charlie. Isaac begged Charlie to punch him first. Instead Charlie went into the hotel he was staying at and called the police. According to both Isaac and Charlie, Charlie was later kicked out of the hotel for causing trouble and finding out from Isaac the threats Charlie made on Sep. 24th.
- On November 5th - November 11th, Charlie would keep trying to spread rumors about Michael and how he "fakes videos" but these were all shot down by Michael.
- On December 10th - Angry Grandpa passed away. Charlie was the only one of his four children not at his bedside as Angry Grandpa died.
- On December 14th - 16th, Charlie and Mike reunited once again and put their differences aside for Angry Grandpa's memorial. And it seems Charlie has been getting back on a better track.
- On January 28th - Charlie started making various threats towards Tina, stating that he has people to go and beat her up. After the storm calmed, Isaac & Michael revealed that Charlie may have been drunk once again.
- On January 29th - Mike announced in a video that he has once again cut ties with Charlie, this time for good.
- On January 30th - February - Charlie started making threats to kill Michael on Twitter, No one knows where this is headed, but Michael is implying defending himself if the situation actually gets real bad.
- On February 12th - 14th - Charlie would once again drunkenly rant on twitter, and even attacked Boogie2988, these actions ended up getting him temporarily banned.
- On February 15th, Charlie said on livestream that he plans on going to Michael's house and killing him and Bridgette. Leading to many calling the cops on him.
- On February 16th, Michael and Bridgette reveal in a vlog that they have filed a police report against Charlie for his threats the previous night.
- On February 22nd, Charlie's Charlie Travelz channel was terminated for violating Youtube's policy prohibiting content designed to bully or threaten.